Four Issue-Specific Session Tracks to Address 5G Transition; Internet of Things; Cybersecurity Risks; Network Virtualization
Arlington, VA. (March 24, 2016) – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today announced an exciting lineup of speakers, sessions, workshops and special events for its annual TIA 2016: Network of the Future conference taking place June 6-9 in Dallas, Texas.
WHAT: TIA 2016: Network of the Future conference draws industry leaders from across the communications ecosystem to debate, share and discuss the critical technology, business and public policy issues facing the information and communications technology (ICT) industry.
Featuring Red Hat as this year’s conference Host Sponsor, and in conjunction with AT&T, QuEST Forum, USTelecom and other partners, this year’s program is focused on new business models for the sharing economy, technologies and network architectures serving the new infrastructure, and the future services of a hyper-connected world, where speed and quality of service are king.
This year’s event features iconic speakers from across the ICT industry including:
- John Donovan, Senior Executive Vice President, Technology and Operations, AT&T
- Pankaj Patel, Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Cisco Systems
- Dr. Alan Messer, Vice President of Software and Innovation, Global Connected Car eXperience, General Motors
- Paul Cormier, Executive Vice President, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
- Craig Silliman, Executive Vice President, Public Policy and General Counsel, Verizon
- Jim Cicconi, Senior Executive Vice President, External and Legislative Affairs, AT&T
- Myrna Soto, Corporate Senior Vice President and Global Chief Information Security Officer, Comcast
- Robin Chase, co-founder and Executive Chairman at Veniam and co-founder & former CEO of Zipcar
- David L. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast
- Brett Cortese, President and CEO, Universal Mind
Four Issue-Specific Session Tracks addressing the critical issues facing modern communications networks include:
- Next-Generation Wireless and 5G Networks: The Winding Road to the Next Generation of Wireless
- The Internet of Things: From a Vending Machine to The Internet of Billions of Devices
- Cybersecurity: Threats to the Network of the Future
- Virtualizing the Network: Lowering CAPEX, OPEX and Increasing Flexibility
TIA & Motorola Solutions ICT Startup Challenge will feature the best and brightest innovators and game changers in the ICT industry, with an emphasis on the next generation network and what it enables around health IT, smart cities and transportation, smart homes, energy, government, IoT, cybersecurity, apps and more. Up to $10,000 in prize money will be awarded.
A Future of 5G Workshop presented by RF Academics will cover ongoing developments, capabilities and use cases for 5G and myths that need debunking.
A complete schedule can be found here and early bird discounted registration rates expire April 1st. For the third year, AT&T will also host its invitation-only annual Supplier Conference in conjunction with TIA’s annual conference.
WHEN: June 6-9, 2016
WHERE: Renaissance Dallas Hotel
2222 N. Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207
MEDIA NOTE: TIA’s Network of the Future conference is free to all credentialed trade, business, and consumer reporters who work in the technology, telecommunications or related business fields. All media must register online through the online registration portal using code TIA2016-PressPass or in person at the event. Media badges permit access to keynotes, session tracks and demos. For more information or questions contact Ashley Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-341-9508.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global high-tech communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.